You know you’re a true Rajinikanth fan only if you’ve watched all the movies that we’re about to list. Thalaivar as he’s lovingly called, has created a different world for himself, but even within that world, there are a few gems that shine brighter than the others:
1) Bairavi – The first Tamil film to feature Rajinikanth as the main hero, Bairavi was the reason Thalaivar was bestowed with the superstar title!
2) Thalapathi – Loosely based on the friendship between Karna and Duryodhana from Mahabharat, Thalapathi witnessed one of Rajini’s most spectacular performances, and the world discovered that his fans just cannot see him die, even on celluloid.
3) Muthu – Released in Japan as Muthu Oduru Maharaja (The Dancing Maharaja), the film grossed a record US $1.6 million in the country, thereby making Thalaivar replace Leonardo Di Caprio as Japan’s trendiest heartthrob!
4) Baashha – An action thriller that not only garnered impressive box office returns but also catapulted Rajinikanth into super-stardom!
5) Enthiran – Featuring the gorgeous Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Enthiran was Rajinikanth’s and Shankar’s super-successful return together after Sivaji. The film is about a scientist who creates a robot that turns evil, and Thalaivar’s fans across the world loved both his avtaars! This movie also opened up new markets in India and abroad, thus strengthening Rajinikanth’s already robust fan-base!
We’re sure not all of you will agree with this list as they’re just too many marvelous movies of the superstar, making it difficult to handpick just a few. No matter what, we all can agree on at least one thing – our love for Thalaivar is unconditional and ever-increasing! 🙂
Watch Rajinikanth in India’s first photorealistic performance-capture film, Kochadaiiyaan (in Hindi), here!